Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Bobcat Lap Book

I had some motivation yesterday to make a more interactive lap book for the Bobcat Badge.  I printed out some free matchbook and pocket templates from Lap Book Lessons on to colored card stock, and pulled out my scissors and glue stick with the Bobcat requirements printed out in color.  Here is the updated version.
I wrote all of the requirements on the outside flap along with some of the paw prints to color in.
Here they are all open/pictures out of pockets.  The rest of the paw prints are on the inside. In hindsight, I probably should have put all of the paws on the outside, but I'll be making plenty more before September.


Before I printed out all of the templates on card stock, I made a lap book for the Webelos Fitness Activity Badge.  I just used construction paper and printed lined paper for this one because it does require some writing.
I still can't quite get the hang of cutting the cover down the middle.  I think I need a sharper Xacto knife.  The Webelos handbook is so big it's almost overwhelming.  Giving the boys one activity badge at a time without having to fumble through the book will save time and keep them focused, while breaking down the badge into easy to manage tasks.


Until next time,


CubMom

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Just stumbled onto your blog from a Pinterest post. Love it! I was brand new to our Pack and Scouting last year, and leaped straight into Cubmaster (SCARY!!) I am always looking for these creative ideas for my leaders and my boys! Thank you for sharing!!!